Roger Peeters, Ph.D., Managing Partner
Based in the Netherlands, Roger combines his scientific and MBA credentials to provide executive search for clients in the food, crop input, and animal sectors.
PhD Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, Radboud University Nijmegen; MBA, University of Derby
- Managing Director of R&D, DNA GreenGroup
- Managing Director of R&D, DNA Agribio Group
- Managing Director of Product, Royal Fruitmasters Group
- Director, Vegetable R&D, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Syngenta Seeds
- Head of Biotechnology, Nunhems Zaden BV
+31 630 677332
Jim Gerardot, Jr., Managing Partner
Jim leads Kincannon & Reed’s Animal Inputs & Aquaculture practice. He joined Kincannon & Reed after more than 28 years in global marketing and other executive roles inside world-class life science companies including Merck, Pfizer, and Bayer, and as Executive Director of Global Marketing for Novus International’s Animal Health and Nutrition business.
BS, Animal Science & Agricultural Economics, Purdue University
- Executive Director, Global Animal Health & Nutrition Marketing, Novus International
- Head of Global Food Animal Products Marketing, Bayer Animal Health
- Group Director, European & Latin American Poultry Health Business, Pfizer (Zoetis) Animal Health
- Group Director, Global Livestock Strategic Marketing, Pfizer Animal Health
- Business Director, North American Feedlot Business Unit, Pfizer Animal Health
- VP, Marketing & Commercial Operations, DirectAg
- Global Marketing Lead for Ruminant Business, Merial (Merck AgVet)
- Business Unit Director, Hoechst-Roussel AgVet
+1 636 795 6463
Michael Whitney, Managing Partner
Michael is a Consultant to Kincannon & Reed and has an international career spanning more than 20 years in senior executive and board-level positions in global agribusiness, as well the food, beverage, and household sectors in the UK, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East.
Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst
- Agribusiness and Food Sector Consultant, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Food Products Director, Central SE Europe, Bunge, Ltd.
- Managing Director, Reckitt Benckiser PLC
- Managing Director, Allied Domecq Spirits and Wine Ltd.
+44 783449 4139
Phillip Osborne, Managing Partner and Head, Asia-Pacific
With a background of more than 25 years of C-level experience in both public and private businesses, Phil heads Kincannon & Reed’s Asia-Pacific activities in the FMCG, beverage, food and food ingredients, and agribusiness sectors.
BBS, Deakin University; Wine Executive Program, University of California, Davis
- Partner, Thexton Armstrong Osborne
- CEO, Gourmet Food Holdings
- Director, Eventus Business Advisors
- COO, Evans & Tate
- CEO, Farm Pride Foods
- General Manager, Southern Egg Pty Ltd
- General Manager, Mount Gambier Cooperative Dairy
- CFO, Scott Corporation
+61 418 398 018
Issy Perez, President & CEO
Issy Perez, Jr. was appointed President & CEO of Kincannon & Reed in December, 2018, bringing with him more than 30 years of experience in the consumer packaged goods industry in both the food and beverage sectors, as well as executive search experience.
+1 832 423 6700
Fred Medero, Managing Partner
Fred’s background in finance, law, and agribusiness makes him a leader in working with financial buyers and portfolio companies.
BA, Queens College; JD, St. John’s University School of Law; LLM, New York University Graduate School of Law
- Vice President – Investment Banking, Kidder Peabody & Co.
- Director – Risk Management, Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- Executive Director, International Swaps & Derivatives Association
- COO, Farmers Home Administration
- General Counsel, Farm Credit Administration
- Director of Securities and Corporate Practices, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, US Department of Treasury
+1 415 939 0091
Heiri Gugger, Ph.D., Managing Partner
Heiri is based in the ag research and bioscience hub of Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, from where he leads Kincannon & Reed’s global practice in crop inputs, with a particular focus on biotech and start-ups.
PhD Physical Chemistry, University of Bern, Switzerland; post-doctoral fellow, IBM Research, San Jose, CA
- CEO, Icoria, Inc. (formerly Paradigm Genetics)
- President, Syngenta Crop Protection, Inc. (formerly Novartis)
- CEO, QuoNova, LLC and CTO PetroAlgae (units of XLTech Group)
- Global business unit head, Ciba/Novartis
- Regional leader for Asia-Pacific & Europe, Ciba/Novartis
+1 919 349 8871
Gary Weihs, Managing Partner
Gary has exceptionally broad experience in both the food value chain and the renewables sector.
BS Civil Engineering, Colorado School of Mines; MBA, Harvard University
- Global VP/GM of Industrial Products, Solutia
- Chief Operating Officer, RDO Equipment
- President & CEO, Proliant Dairy (Lauridsen Group)
- Head, Monsanto Americas supply chain for crop protection products
- Manufacturing/supply chain management at P&G, Pepsi, and ConAgra
- Agribusiness entrepreneur; founded operations in U.S., Brazil, and Europe
+1 712 304 7334
Ed Yuhas, Managing Partner
Ed brings more than 30 years of significant experience to Kincannon & Reed clients in the food, lawn and garden, and companion animal/pet food categories, primarily in consumer packaged goods.
BS, Business Administration, University of Delaware; MBA, Drexel University
- US General Manager, Mars, Inc./Buckeye Nutrition
- Division Vice President, Spectrum Brands
- Vice President, Marketing & Development, Earthstone, LLC
- Vice President, General Manager, Aurora Foods
- Marketing Director, Nestle Food Company
- Senior Product Manager, Borden, Inc.
+1 636 346 8150
Janet Wightman, Managing Partner
Janet was a senior executive in the financial services industry with a focus on the agribusiness sector prior to joining Kincannon & Reed in 2011. She now serves companies and associations in the crop input, equipment, and finance sectors.
- President and CEO, Victoria Park Capital
- President and CEO, Investment Saskatchewan
- EVP and COO, Farm Credit Canada
- VP, Agribusiness & Eastern Canada, Farm Credit Canada
- VP, HR, Administration & Business Process Reengineering, Farm Credit Canada
+1 306 751 0581
Jon Leafstedt, Chairman & Managing Partner
Jon draws on his expertise in ag technology and biotechnology to help associations, cooperatives, and early-stage companies define their talent needs and recruit senior leadership.
BS, Animal Science, South Dakota State University; MBA, University of Iowa
- President, Chromatin, Inc.
- President , Phytodyne, Inc.
- Sales/marketing/government affairs management, American Cyanamid
- Worldwide Head – Intellectual and Regulatory Affairs, Kemin Industries, Inc.
+1 515 267 9400
David Turner, Managing Partner, Latin America
David advises multinational and regional firms as the head of Kincannon & Reed’s Latin America practice and as global lead for the firm’s crop processing engagements. In addition, he brings his international experience to bear on behalf of NGOs and research for development organizations around the world.
MBA, Thunderbird School of Global Management; Advanced Certificate in Executive Search and Leadership Consulting, Cornell University
- Practice Leader – Canadian Agribusiness, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- COO, Skystone International
- Controller, Cargill Feed Applications
- Controller, Cargill Power & Gas Markets
- Finance Manager, Cargill Latin America (Argentina)
+1 480 363 2914