Michael Whitney, Managing Partner, EMEA
Michael joined Kincannon & Reed following an international career spanning more than 20 years in senior executive and board-level positions in global agribusiness, as well the food, beverage, and household sectors in the UK, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East.
Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst
- Agribusiness and Food Sector Consultant, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Food Products Director, Central SE Europe, Bunge, Ltd.
- Managing Director, Reckitt Benckiser PLC
- Managing Director, Allied Domecq Spirits and Wine Ltd.
+44 783449 4139
Jon Leafstedt, Managing Partner
Jon draws on his expertise in ag technology and biotechnology to help associations, cooperatives, and early-stage companies define their talent needs and recruit senior leadership.
BS, Animal Science, South Dakota State University; MBA, University of Iowa
- President, Chromatin, Inc.
- President , Phytodyne, Inc.
- Sales/marketing/government affairs management, American Cyanamid
- Worldwide Head – Intellectual and Regulatory Affairs, Kemin Industries, Inc.
+1 515 267 9400
Gregory J. Duerksen, Chairman & CEO
Since assuming leadership of Kincannon & Reed in 2007, Greg has led the company to record growth while maintaining active involvement in business development, building client relationships, and leading top-level search engagements in a wide variety of sectors. Greg has broad experience in agribusiness and led two turnarounds in Latin American companies in the beverage and crop input sectors.
MBA, Harvard Business School
- CEO, regional Pepsi-Cola® bottling company, Mexico
- CEO, Grupo Agromex
- VP, Marketing & Development, Terra Industries
- Consultant, McKinsey & Company
- Associates Fellow, Harvard Business School
+1 703 623 3961
Gary Weihs, Managing Partner
Gary has exceptionally broad experience in both the food value chain and the renewables sector.
BS Civil Engineering, Colorado School of Mines; MBA, Harvard University
- Global VP/GM of Industrial Products, Solutia
- Chief Operating Officer, RDO Equipment
- President & CEO, Proliant Dairy (Lauridsen Group)
- Head, Monsanto Americas supply chain for crop protection products
- Manufacturing/supply chain management at P&G, Pepsi, and ConAgra
- Agribusiness entrepreneur; founded operations in U.S., Brazil, and Europe
+1 712 304 7334
David Turner, Managing Partner, Latin America
David advises multinational and regional firms as the head of Kincannon & Reed’s Latin America practice and as global lead for the firm’s crop processing engagements. In addition, he brings his international experience to bear on behalf of NGOs and research for development organizations around the world.
MBA, Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Practice Leader – Canadian Agribusiness, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- COO, Skystone International
- Controller, Cargill Feed Applications
- Controller, Cargill Power & Gas Markets
- Finance Manager, Cargill Latin America (Argentina)
+1 480 363 2914
Fred Medero, Managing Partner
Fred’s background in finance, law, and agribusiness makes him a leader in working with financial buyers and portfolio companies.
BA, Queens College; JD, St. John’s University School of Law; LLM, New York University Graduate School of Law
- Vice President – Investment Banking, Kidder Peabody & Co.
- Director – Risk Management, Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- Executive Director, International Swaps & Derivatives Association
- COO, Farmers Home Administration
- General Counsel, Farm Credit Administration
- Director of Securities and Corporate Practices, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, US Department of Treasury
+1 415 939 0091