Michael L. Cooper, Managing Director
Michael brings his experience as a senior executive in the food, agribusiness, and consumer products industries to clients of Kincannon & Reed in the protein and commodities sectors.
BS, Marketing; MBA with focus on finance, Arizona State University
- President and CEO, Meyers Foods
- President, Retail, Perdue Farms
- CFO, Perdue Farms and SVP & GM, Perdue Foodservice and International Divisions
- SVP and CFO, Rocco Enterprises
- Senior management and financial roles, Dial Corporation
- Certified Global Management Accountant (active)
+1 480 924 1220
Roger Peeters, PhD, Managing Director
Based in the Netherlands, Roger combines his scientific and MBA credentials to provide executive search for clients in the food, crop input, and animal sectors.
PhD Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, Radboud University Nijmegen; MBA, University of Derby
- Managing Director of R&D, DNA GreenGroup
- Managing Director of R&D, DNA Agribio Group
- Managing Director of Product, Royal Fruitmasters Group
- Director, Vegetable R&D, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Syngenta Seeds
- Head of Biotechnology, Nunhems Zaden BV
+31 630 677332
Attila von Hankó, Managing Director
Based in Germany, Attila serves Kincannon & Reed’s Europe and Asia-Pacific clients, focusing on senior management recruitment and succession appointments in the animal health sector.
European School of Management and Technology, Berlin, Germany
Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Group Director Animal Health, EW Group GmbH, Germany
- Managing Director, Vaxxinova GmbH, Germany
- Chairman and Board Director, Vaxxinova K.K., Japan
- Board Director, IZO S.r.l., Italy
- Managing Director, Vaxxinova AS, Norway
- President and Representative Director, Intervet K.K., Japan
- General Manager, Intervet K.K., Japan
- General Manager, Intervet Korea Ltd., Korea
- Regional Director Asia, Hoechst Roussel Vet Co. Ltd., Taiwan
- Country Manager, Hoechst Representative Offices, Vietnam
- Director, Project Consulting Unit, Hoechst China Investment Co. Ltd., China
+49 160 21 23 230
Mike Banks, Managing Director
Mike brings more than 30 years of agribusiness expertise to clients operating in the Asia Pacific region.
BSc, London University
- National Commercial Director, Bayer CropScience Australia
- National Marketing Director, Aventis CropScience Australia
- National Marketing Director, Hoechst/AgrEvo Australia
- North American Market Manager, Hoechst AG
+61 3 9509 3959
Heiri Gugger, PhD, Managing Director
Heiri is based in the ag research and bioscience hub of Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, from where he leads Kincannon & Reed’s global practice in crop inputs, with a particular focus on biotech and start-ups.
PhD Physical Chemistry, University of Bern, Switzerland; post-doctoral fellow, IBM Research, San Jose, CA
- CEO, Icoria, Inc. (formerly Paradigm Genetics)
- President, Syngenta Crop Protection, Inc. (formerly Novartis)
- CEO, QuoNova, LLC and CTO PetroAlgae (units of XLTech Group)
- Global business unit head, Ciba/Novartis
- Regional leader for Asia-Pacific & Europe, Ciba/Novartis
+1 919 349 8871
Dierk Overheu, Managing Director
Dierk adds depth to Kincannon & Reed’s recruitment expertise in international commodities through his experience as CEO of Nidera and Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Alfred C. Toepfer.
BBA, University Of Zurich Graduate School Of Business; Executive Development Program, Harvard Business School
- CEO, Nidera
- Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Alfred C. Toepfer International (now ADM Germany)
- Executive General Manager, Trade Feedstuff, Alfred C. Toepfer
- Trader, Alfred C. Toepfer
+49 170 274 3789
Elizabeth Olsen, Director
Based in Washington State, Elizabeth serves companies spanning the entire agri-good value chain including the crop input, animal input, and food sectors. She works across functions, with a particular emphasis on recruiting general management, operations, and commercial leadership talent.
BA, University of California, Irvine; MA, Claremont Graduate University
- Principal, Olsen/Clark Company
- Director, Client Services, AIM Executive/EnterChange
- National Employee Relations Manager, Mazda North America
- Manager, Employment and Employee Relations, Apria Healthcare
+1 206 842 2522
Janet Wightman, Managing Director
Janet was a senior executive in the financial services industry with a focus on the agribusiness sector prior to joining Kincannon & Reed in 2011. She now serves companies and associations in the crop input, equipment, and finance sectors.
- President and CEO, Victoria Park Capital
- President and CEO, Investment Saskatchewan
- EVP and COO, Farm Credit Canada
- VP, Agribusiness & Eastern Canada, Farm Credit Canada
- VP, HR, Administration & Business Process Reengineering, Farm Credit Canada
+1 306 751 0581
Jim Gerardot, Jr., Managing Director
Jim is the leader of Kincannon & Reed’s Animal Inputs practice and a member of our aquaculture and precision ag teams. He joined Kincannon & Reed after more than 28 years in global marketing and other executive roles inside world-class life science companies including Merck, Pfizer, and Bayer, and as Executive Director of Global Marketing for Novus International’s Animal Health and Nutrition business.
BS, Animal Science & Agricultural Economics, Purdue University
- Executive Director, Global Animal Health & Nutrition Marketing, Novus International
- Head of Global Food Animal Products Marketing, Bayer Animal Health
- Group Director, European & Latin American Poultry Health Business, Pfizer (Zoetis) Animal Health
- Group Director, Global Livestock Strategic Marketing, Pfizer Animal Health
- Business Director, North American Feedlot Business Unit, Pfizer Animal Health
- VP, Marketing & Commercial Operations, DirectAg
- Global Marketing Lead for Ruminant Business, Merial (Merck AgVet)
- Business Unit Director, Hoechst-Roussel AgVet
+1 636 795 6463
Phillip Osborne, Managing Director and Head, Asia-Pacific
With a background of more than 25 years of C-level experience in both public and private businesses, Phil heads Kincannon & Reed’s Asia-Pacific activities in the FMCG, beverage, food and food ingredients, and agribusiness sectors.
BBS, Deakin University; Wine Executive Program, University of California, Davis
- Partner, Thexton Armstrong Osborne
- CEO, Gourmet Food Holdings
- Director, Eventus Business Advisors
- COO, Evans & Tate
- CEO, Farm Pride Foods
- General Manager, Southern Egg Pty Ltd
- General Manager, Mount Gambier Cooperative Dairy
- CFO, Scott Corporation
+61 418 398 018
Dr. Karl-Peter Schlichting, Managing Director
Karl-Peter has dedicated his career to agribusiness and now serves Kincannon & Reed’s European clients through senior management recruitment in the crop inputs sectors.
Dr. S. Agr., University of Kiel, Germany
- CEO, CropDesign
- Regional Head – Asia Pacific, Hoechst Schering AgrEvo, Aventis CropScience
- Head – Strategic Marketing and International Sales, Hoechst Schering AgrEvo
- Head of Indication Areas, Crop Protection Division, Hoechst AG
+49 171 546 6777
Jos Boeren, Managing Director
Jos leads Kincannon & Reed’s Global Capital practice and advises institutional investors, investment funds, endowments, family offices, sovereign wealth funds and public and private companies.
Master’s in Economics, University of Amsterdam
- Managing Director, Head of Global Agri & Food Advisory, Sherpa Millbank
- Head of Agri Corporate Finance, Société Générale
- Director of M&A, Emerging Markets, Société Générale
- Manager, M&A Strategic Planning, Bunge
- Manager, M&A and Business Development, Japan Tobacco International
- Corporate Strategist/M&A Analyst, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
+33 (0)6 95 24 33 81
Joseph Sherman, Managing Director
Based in São Paulo, Joe’s almost 40-year agribusiness career includes commodity management of several diversified businesses, including grain trading, soybean and cocoa processing, green coffee merchandising, cotton ginning, ethanol production, fresh orange exports, and crop protection chemicals.
BS, Business & Economics, Lehigh University; Master’s, International Management, Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Executive Director, International Ethanol Trade Association
- Chief Operating Officer, Syngenta Proteçao de Cultivos
- President, Zeneca Brasil
- General Manager, Cooperativa Industrial Cocamar
- Vice President-Trading, Cargill, Inc.
+55 11 9 9626 0711
Juan Pablo Buc, Managing Director
Working from Chile and Perú, Juan Pablo serves Kincannon & Reed agribusiness and food clients throughout Latin America.
Ingeniero Agrónomo, Universidad de Chile; MBA, Tulane University
- Founder and General Manager, Exactta Agro headhunter with more than 10 years of experience in agribusiness searches in Chile and Perú.
- Commercial Manager, SQM Comercial, global producer of specialty fertilizers
- Agronomist, Del Monte Fresh and David del Curto
Ricardo Casiuch, Managing Director
Based in São Paulo, Ricardo is a member of Kincannon & Reed’s Latin America team specializing in recruiting and succession assignments for the firm’s agribusiness clients seeking general managers, presidents, and CEOs, as well as senior functional executives in marketing, sales, finance, business development, and R&D.
MBA Universidade de São Paulo; Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering, Universidade Federal Rural do Rio de Janeiro.
- Country Manager, Acadian Seaplants, Ltd.
- Executive Director, Campos do Pinhão Farm
- Country Manager, Valagro do Brasil, Ltda.
- Executive Director of Operations, Plant Oils Agro Ltda.
- Director of Operations, Bioexton S.A Division of Grupo Monteiro Aranha
- General Manager, Klabin S.A Division of Grupo Monteiro Aranha
- International Business Manager, Sanrisil, S.A.
- Commercial Director, Plant Genetics & Biotech Traits. Dow AgroSciences
- Agricultural Business Manager, Monsanto do Brasil
+11 9 9623 0235
Carlos Salvador, Managing Director
Carlos leads Kincannon & Reed’s Buenos Aires office and brings extensive experience as a senior executive with agribusinesses, animal health and nutrition firms, and associations throughout Latin America.
Ingeniero Agrónomo, National University of Buenos Aires; Graduate studies, Federal Center of Biology for Agriculture and Forestry, Germany
- General Manager & Vice President, Becker Underwood, Argentina
- Director, CropLife Latin America
- General Director, Aventis CropScience Argentina
- Director, Aventis Pasteur, Argentina
- Director, Nutrinova, Argentina
- Director, Hoechst Roussel Veterinaria Argentina
+54 911 4474 2245
David Carpintero, Managing Director
David works out of Brussels and focuses on senior management roles for crop input, crop processing and trading, and produce clients across Europe and worldwide.
Master’s, Agronomic Engineering, Polytechnic University of Madrid; MBA, IESE Business School
- Corporate Affairs Lead, Crop Protection Business – Monsanto Europe
- Director, Sustainable Yield Strategy – Monsanto USA
- Manager, Industry and Public Affairs – Monsanto Latin America
- Manager, Industry Affairs – Monsanto Europe
- Manager, Biotechnology Business Development – Monsanto Europe
- Management Consultant, A.T. Kearney
+32 491 344 232
Ed Yuhas, Managing Director
Ed brings more than 30 years of significant experience to Kincannon & Reed clients in the food, lawn and garden, and companion animal/pet food categories, primarily in consumer packaged goods.
BS, Business Administration, University of Delaware; MBA, Drexel University
- US General Manager, Mars, Inc./Buckeye Nutrition
- Division Vice President, Spectrum Brands
- Vice President, Marketing & Development, Earthstone, LLC
- Vice President, General Manager, Aurora Foods
- Marketing Director, Nestle Food Company
- Senior Product Manager, Borden, Inc.
+1 636 346 8150
Rémy Goetgheluck, Managing Director
With crop protection experience worldwide with a focus on Europe, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific, Rémy approaches executive search with a global perspective. He has been an active member of the Executive Committee of AgrEvo and Board Member of Bilag, a joint venture of Bayer CropScience based in India.
AGRO, Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon; MBA, INSEAD
- Global Head, Insecticide Business Unit, Bayer CropScience
- Head of Global Portfolio Management, Hoechst/AgrEvo/Aventis
- Head of Global Marketing Plant Protection, Roussel Uclaf
- Regional Head, Southeast Asia, Roussel Uclaf
- Sales and development roles in Middle East/India, Roussel Uclaf
+33 6 30 22 7495
Stewart Baker, Managing Director
Stewart joined the firm after a distinguished career in the crop protection, plant biotech, and seed industries including leading businesses in Europe, Africa, Turkey, and the Middle East and later having global responsibility for HR, legal, and public affairs for these sectors.
- General Manager, Global HR and Public Affairs, Zeneca Agrochemicals, Zeneca Seeds, Zeneca Plant Sciences
- General Manager, UK, ICI Agrochemicals
- Managing Director, ICI Agrochemicals, South Africa and ICI Turkey
- Business Manager, ICI Agrochemicals, Africa and Middle East
+44 7785 328 283
Paul Miller, Managing Director
Paul leads Kincannon & Reed’s Food and Ingredients practice, and engages with start-ups, family businesses, coops, private equity portfolio companies, and public companies. His engagements benefit from his extensive experience as a senior executive and entrepreneur in food processing.
BS, Agricultural Economics, Cornell University; MS, Agricultural Economics, Michigan State University; MBA, Harvard Business School
- President and CEO, Upper Crust Bakery, Inc.
- Vice President and General Manager, Arizona Beef Company
- Vice President, Operations, Union Packing Company
+1 480 421 2225
Carolyn Schubert, Managing Director
Carolyn brings nearly 20 years of experience in the recruitment of Board Members, CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, General Counsel, and other senior level executives across a broad range of industries.
BA, University of Iowa; MBA, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Founding Member, Taylor Meyer Associates
- Manager, Global Board Consulting Practice, Egon Zehnder International
- Legislative Assistant, Government Regulatory Affairs Practice, Ungaretti & Harris, LLP
- Litigation Paralegal, Lord, Bissell & Brook, LLP
+1 312 622 3201
Lisa Johnson, Managing Director
Based in Chicago, Lisa is a member of Kincannon & Reed’s Food and Ingredients team in recruiting and succession assignments for the firm’s clients seeking general managers, presidents, and CEOs, as well as senior functional executives in marketing, sales, finance, business development, and R&D.
BS, Education, University of Missouri
- Managing Partner, Global Food Partnership
- VP, Corporate Marketing, Nuestro Queso
- Vice President, FFS, Flying Food Group
- CEO & Founder, Gourmet Kitchens
+1 312 735 7172
Henk van Wielink, Managing Director
Based in the Netherlands, Henk serves Kincannon & Reed’s clients in the seed and crop input sectors.
MBA, Nyenrode Business Universiteit
- SVP, Production and Logistics, Seminis
- General Manager, European Production and Logistics, Seminis
- General Manager, Vegetable Seeds, Holland, Seminis
- Manager, Production and Logistics, Royal Sluis
+31 (0) 228 58 2280