Kincannon & Reed has been retained to recruit a Global Hygiene Business Manager for a leading global player in the field of animal health. The Global Hygiene Business Manager will drive the strategic, operational, and organizational development of a newly acquired business unit. The Company seeks an entrepreneurial and experienced leader from the biosecurity/hygiene industry to define and execute a growth strategy leveraging the strength of the existing organization and global business.
The Global Hygiene Business Manager leads a team of specialists and will start to organize sales channels in Europe to develop and implement a challenging strategy and business plan for the new range of products. An experienced and respected person within the biosecurity/hygiene industry, s/he will explore synergies between the acquired portfolio and the established business, with the freedom to develop new distribution channels along with the specific needs of this particular market segment. The Global Hygiene Business Manager will achieve set objectives, ensure profitable growth and manage/develop all commercial, technical and regulatory aspects of the business.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Inspire and motivate the existing team of the hygiene division to strive for a global leadership position in the hygiene business of animal health (and potentially beyond);
- Define and implement a visionary and creative strategy leveraging the portfolio of hygiene products within the overall portfolio, competencies, and strength of the company;
- Develop and maintain strong, sustainable relationships with customers, partners, and other relevant stakeholders, including relevant government authorities and institutions;
- Prepare and implement challenging business plans resulting in fast and sustainable growth, leading market shares in target segments, and continued financial strength;
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of the biosecurity/hygiene market to identify opportunities, threats, and trends;
- Encourage a performance-driven, collaborative, and team-based company culture, driven by trust, transparency, sense of ownership, and mutual respect; Lead, motivate and encourage people to deliver exceptional performance;
- Manage and develop human resources and organizational structures in line with business requirements and the planning, reporting, and compliance framework of the company.
Other important parameters for this position include:
- The position will report to the Head of International Sales;
- The position can be home-office based and located in Europe;
- The position will require regular international travel.
The ideal candidate will be performing a commercial, sales, or marketing role within the hygiene business of an agricultural, animal health, or food safety company, with solid knowledge/experience and a relevant network within this market segment. S/he will have a track record of successfully positioning value propositions within competitive environments, proven ability to influence within an international matrix organization, and feel at ease working across different cultures.
Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Minimum of 5 years experience in relevant business sectors and positions;
- Established network within the European biosecurity/hygiene industry, trusted partner to integrators and customers in livestock farming;
- Ability to synthesize industry and market trends into successful strategies;
- Management/OPEX responsibility for sales, marketing, TechService, and regulatory prioritisations;
- Seasoned leader with the ability to align people/teams to drive progress on objectives, experienced in cross-functional, cross-cultural work within an international organization;
- Educated to Bachelors/Master’s degree level in a related discipline, advanced degrees beneficial, veterinarian or farm management/agri-sciences preferred.
Personal Skills and Characteristics
- Customer-centric relationship builder with strong interpersonal/influencing skills to win support and trust of multiple internal/external stakeholders and drive progress against agreed objectives;
- Enthusiastic self-starter, energetic and innovative individual with “can-do” mentality and serious commitment to accountability and ownership;
- Entrepreneurial mindset to take appropriate and calculated risks to advance business objectives embraces direct market contacts and networking to discover and develop opportunities;
- Structured thinker who can inform and influence at senior levels and build consensus through clear analysis and communication;
- Strong leadership, listening, communication, and people skills, demonstrating confidence, assertiveness, and sound judgment to motivate and develop people/teams;
- Driven, resilient, determined, and willing to stand her/his ground to defend her/his point of view but has sufficient emotional intelligence to do so diplomatically and avoid alienating people;
- Proficient in English, other language skills considered a plus.