We are pleased to announce the addition of six managing partners, expanding our partner group to 13 individuals.
- Jim Gerardot, global practice lead for animal inputs, based in St. Louis, Missouri. Jim joined the firm in 2013 after more than 28 years in the global animal health and nutrition industry where he had been a senior executive in top-tier companies including Merck, Merial, Pfizer, Bayer, and Novus International. He held global marketing and commercial operations leadership roles in North America, Europe, and Latin America. Jim has participated in the World Food Prize as a Borlaug Dialogue panelist, served on the Global IFIF/FEFANA Specialty Feed Ingredient Project Management Board, and most recently served as chairman of the American Feed Industry Association Sustainability Oversight Committee.
- Heiri Gugger, PhD, practice lead for crop inputs, based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. In addition to his former position as President for Syngenta Crop Protection and CEO of Paradigm Genetics, Heiri served 11 years on the North Carolina Biotechnology Center Board of Directors, is a former Board Vice Chair of CropLife America, and a member of the Food and Agriculture Governing Body for BIO. Heiri joined Kincannon & Reed in 2012.
- Phil Osborne currently heads Kincannon & Reed’s Asia-Pacific activities in the fast-moving-consumer-goods, beverage, food and food ingredients, and agribusiness sectors. He joined the firm in 2015 after more than 25 years of C-level experience in public and private businesses. He began his career at the accounting firm of Peat Marwick Mitchell (now KPMG) and then moved into executive positions with Mount Gambier Cooperative Dairy, Southern Egg, Farm Pride Foods, Evans & Tate, and Gourmet Food Holdings. After that, he moved into advisory services and built a reputation for successfully managing turnaround and recovery efforts on behalf of private equity firms. Osborne is a member of the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants and the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Dr. Roger Peeters, PhD, focuses on senior-level placements for crop input, crop production, and R&D leadership, based in Weert, The Netherlands. Roger combines his scientific and MBA credentials to conduct executive search for senior leaders in crop input, crop production, food, and R&D. He has held director positions in product development and strategy for Bayer, DNA GreenGroup, and Syngenta. His areas of expertise include biotech, functional foods, food safety and quality, licensing, and plant breeding. Roger joined Kincannon & Reed in 2015.
- Janet Wightman. ICD,D, practice lead for fertilizer and focused on recruitment of finance and C-suite-level positions, based in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Janet leads Kincannon & Reed’s crop nutrients / fertilizer practice. She is a former senior executive in the financial services industry with a focus on the agribusiness sector. She now serves companies and associations in the crop input and financial services sectors. She previously served as President and CEO of Victoria Park Capital, Inc., was the first President and CEO of Investment Saskatchewan, and was Chief Operating Officer of Farm Credit Canada. She holds the governance designation awarded by the Institute of Corporate Directors and has served on several private and public company and non-profit boards. Janet has been with Kincannon & Reed since 2011.
- Ed Yuhas, practice lead for dairy and pet care sectors, based in Columbus, Ohio. Ed is a specialist in the dairy and pet care sectors. He has more than 30 years of experience in the companion animal / pet care, food, and lawn and garden categories, primarily in consumer packaged goods. A classically trained marketer by background, he has held leadership positions in companies ranging from private equity-backed startups to Fortune 500 firms such as Mars, Inc., Nestlé USA, Spectrum Brands, Borden, and Aurora Foods. Ed joined Kincannon & Reed in 2014.
The new partners join Kincannon & Reed’s existing group of managing partners that includes Gregory J. Duerksen, Jon Leafstedt, Fred Medero, David Turner, Ellen von Fange, Gary Weihs, and Michael Whitney.
“We are thrilled and delighted that these talented leaders have stepped up to the partner level,” said Chairman and CEO Greg Duerksen. “Our newly expanded leadership team is continued evidence of Kincannon & Reed’s confidence and investment in the firm’s future and strengthens our ability to serve our global client base.”
“These individuals deepen our world-class expertise in key, fast-growing segments of the agribusiness, food, and life sciences value chain that is our focus,” Duerksen said. “I could not be more proud to work alongside these high-caliber individuals as we help our clients build top-performing teams for the future.”